Episode 043 The Phantom Menace Rewrite
What changes would you make to improve The Phantom Menace? Ben, Addy and Case have their ideas in the final episode of a series fixing the prequel trilogy. What changes would you make?
- Addy – Who is the Phantom Menace?
- Case – turn Qui-Gon into a Sith Lord or Separatist Leader
- Make the trade federation’s embargo actually cause serious issues
- Anakin Starkiller – charismatic teenage pilot and smuggler on Naboo
- No Tattooine
- Qui-Gon keeps company with questionable people, but wants to fix the galaxy and Jedi
- Ben’s completely new pitch
- No Qui-Gon and pre-crawl prologue
- Galaxy is splitting, familiar political landscape
- Jedi Order is fracturing, Yoda vs Mace Windu
- End of movie – failure to prevent Clone Wars
- Palpatine pulling strings
- Case – moral ramifications of cloning instead of Clone army
- Maul is more visible and instigating war using Mandalorians
- Anakin’s path to Vader
- Dramatic tension issues with prequels
- Live action Clone Wars movie?
- The focus of the prequels